The inhabitants of the San Francisco & San Mateo County of South San Francisco are very much familiar with storms of various kinds and of the after-effects on residential & commercial properties. Therefore, to cater to the need of wind damage services of our valued customers, Lyon Restoration has an especially experienced team of technicians ready at service 24/7.
Wind Damages in South San Francisco, CA
Roof: Shingle Roofs
During tornadoes, hail, or rainstorms, wind can move as fast as 300 miles per hour. Most asphalt shingle roofs can withstand winds up to only 80 mph. So these fast swirling winds can literally sweep roofs off houses.
Wind damage on asphalt or premium roofing can also result in missing shingles. Bent or curling shingles can also indicate wind damage as while not having been removed, the wind was b enough to move them and reshape them. Missing or damaged shingles could lead to a compromised roofing structure.
- Residential Properties Wind can cause trees to fall over the roof causing leaks or breaking it to the core, making way for flying debris and water to enter the house. This can cause wet floors, wet carpets, soaking furniture, flooding, growing molds & mildew, and much other untold chaos inside the home.
- UV Exposure Unnoticeable gaps in the roof caused by storm damage can let harmful UV rays into the house. The rays can also damage specific components of your roof. UV exposure can easily damage the materials underneath traditional roofing reducing its durability greatly.
- Sliding & Windows
- Vinyl Siding: Splits, cracks, chips, breaks, and holes can easily occur in vinyl siding during storm damage– both from the wind itself and also from flying particles and wind-driven hail.
- Aluminum Siding: If you have aluminum siding, the most common signs of wind damage are dings and damages in the siding. In a serious storm, it is common for pieces of aluminum siding to be duped completely.
- Windows: Some common damages caused by the wind to windows include:
- Shattered or broken panes
- Cracks, holes, or dents in glass
- Damaged or dented frames
- Chipped or cracked paint, siding, or wood
- Fences The most common reason for fence panels falling over in high winds is that the posts are rotten and therefore no longer able withstand the pressure of stormy weather. Some pre-installation steps can reduce the chance of it ever becoming storm damaged.
Wind Damage Repair Services by Lyon Restoration
- Debris removal and full cleanup of affected areas
- Hail and roof damage repair
- Restoration of electric, natural gas, and heat (if needed)
- Window and door replacement
- Contents pack-out and storage during mitigation and restoration
- Furniture and contents restoration (including electronics, documents, and photographs)
- Complete reconstruction services
- Emergency water mitigation
- Temporary emergency plumbing repairs
- Emergency board-up to prevent theft and/or injury
Storm Damage Repair Process by Lyon Restoration
Lyon Restoration specializes in storm damage restoration for commercial, industrial, multifamily and institutional buildings and is prepared to handle damage of any magnitude. We are committed to ensuring your satisfaction throughout the restoration of your business.
When storm damage occurs, a Lyon representative will conduct a thorough inspection to determine the extent of the storm damage and ensure that the restoration of your property is being managed properly at every step of the way.
Our certified emergency technicians take immediate action to help secure your property and help prevent further damage from weather and exposure.
Why Choose Lyon Restoration?
Lyon Restoration has extensive experience dealing with all types of water, fire, mold & storm damage losses, and will work directly with your insurance company on covered losses. Our expert professionals are dedicated at Mountain View, Atherton, Belmont, Cupertino and other parts of San Francisco & San Mateo County in the South San Francisco service area.
- 24/7 Response Times
- Locally Owned & Operated
- IICRC Certified
- Licensed & Insured
- Background Tested
- 3 Year Warranty